Community Leadership Awards
Are you proud of your community’s accomplishments? Would you like your community to be recognized at our convention and more broadly through social media and the news?
Announcing the NCLGA Community Leadership Awards! In accordance with our principal function of promoting the environmental, social and economic wellbeing of our member communities, the NCLGA has created awards to showcase a community in each of these categories.
To nominate your community, simply provide a brief letter describing a fantastic community project, event, or activity that you are proud of. A winner will be chosen in each category and presented an award during our AGM. We are intentionally making this process as easy and seamless as possible. If your community has excelled in any of the following categories, let us know:
- Environmental Sustainability
- Social Responsibility
- Economic Development
NCLGA staff will collect all nomination letters for our Board’s consideration.
- Nominations must come in the form of a letter to the NCLGA’s Executive Director (no requirements as to length, and letters can either be hardcopy or email attachments).
- Nomination Letters must be received by March 15th, 2017
- Letters must clearly state which award the nomination is for
- These awards are for communities, not individuals. Recipient communities must be NCLGA members in good standing.
- Nomination letters can come from anyone representing a local government, and there is no limit on the amount of nominations per community. An official resolution is not required.
- Submissions from previous year's may be reused.
What you get if your local government wins:
- Your community will be publicly recognized at the upcoming AGM.
- A representative from your community will have an opportunity to speak (5 minutes) to all assembled delegates about your community’s project or event.
- Your community will receive a beautiful plaque to permanently display at your local government office.
- Award recipients will have their achievements highlighted more broadly through our social media channels, newsletter and via press release to the entire NCLGA’s media network.
These awards are an opportunity for Northerners to share best practices, to get others thinking outside the box, and to promote knowledge sharing amongst our members. It is our firm belief that communities in central and northern BC continuously punch above their weight, make exceptional gains with limited resources, and manage to rise above the fray time and time again. We want to make sure we share our successes as much as possible, so others might benefit.